warning in htmloutput.rb

Matt Neuburg
I'm getting this warning:

.../Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/tm/htmloutput.rb:91: warning: Invalid ERB trim mode: "%-<>" (trim_mode: nil, 0, 1, 2, or String composed of '%' and/or '-', '>', '<>')

When I look at that line, I see:

    ERB.new(HTMLOUTPUT_TEMPLATE, 0, '%-<>').result(binding)

My guess is that the warning is a consequence of this change:

    https://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/15294

My guess is that '%-' is intended (experimentation shows that it is valid and works).

I suspect this was always invalid but the issue was ignored. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 12! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920208662.do

Re: warning in htmloutput.rb

Allan Odgaard-4

On 17 Oct 2019, at 0:13, Matt Neuburg wrote:

My guess is that the warning is a consequence of this change:

https://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/15294

My guess is that '%-' is intended (experimentation shows that it is valid and works).

I suspect this was always invalid but the issue was ignored. m.

The patch indicates that it’s invalid, though the documentation actually says the trim made can be “one or more of the following modifiers”:

%  enables Ruby code processing for lines beginning with %
<> omit newline for lines starting with <% and ending in %>
>  omit newline for lines ending in %>
-  omit blank lines ending in -%>

And indeed it does allow % with any of the following characters, but presumably the last 3 are mutually exclusive.