revert source to default (without deltas) (and how to alter settings without cocking up bundles)

revert source to default (without deltas) (and how to alter settings without cocking up bundles)

Tim Bates
Hi all,
I wished to enable spell checking for comments in source languages.
I edited the settings items in the source bundle, enabling spelling for my scope.
This worked (yay), but I realised it would be better to stash this in my private bundle, not fork the main source.tmbundle.
So I reverted the scope as a first step to making a new settings item. The bundle is now marked as delta, and that isn’t right.
SO I deleted the is delta key. That was a mistake: Now I have an item labeled “untitled” that is empty, and no spellcheck enable setting item.
Try reinstating the delta key, and setting to false. No worky.
Try reverting the bundle: you can’t unselect it.
Deleted the bundle and installed from in TM2: still has my untitled item and no. Must be buried in an invisible cache..? Where…
Curse :-)
Email list: How do you really revert a core bundle to base?

tim

PS: It would be GREAT to have a revert to default right-click action for TM bundles, which cleared invisible caches etc… Or make the grayed out source bundle tick function as a togglle; click it, and it throws a dialog asking “really revert to base source bundle (bundle cannot be deactivated, only reverted)?” then does that.

PS: Feel free to improve this stack overflow answer so others can share this knowledge.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/41565216/how-do-i-get-textmate-2-to-enable-spellchecking-in-a-scope-that-is-not-checked-b/41565217#41565217

PPS: bit of a hot mess of 10-year old TM1 info and partial TM2 info on the interweb at present: we should try and clean up where possible now everyone is moving to TM2 beta

Re: revert source to default (without deltas) (and how to alter settings without cocking up bundles)

Allan Odgaard-4

On 10 Jan 2017, at 18:00, Tim Bates wrote:

Email list: How do you really revert a core bundle to base?

There are two folders used for one bundle:

  1. ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles
  2. ~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles

The first one is the full bundle without any changes done by the user.

The second is your changes, but stored as a delta.

If you want to revert, simply delete your changes from the second location.

Additionally TextMate has a cache of bundle items here:

~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary

This is kept up-to-date using fsevents, so normally doing changes to bundles, even behind TextMate’s back, should not cause any issues, but it has known to become out of sync, in which case you can delete the index file, and TextMate will rebuild it on next launch.

There is a manual for 2.0 as work-in-progress, it’s moving really slowly, but I try to cover most things there: http://manual.textmate.org/ — once it’s finished, the main site will be updated to prominently feature this manual.