question regarding stata 15

Cunningham, Scott
I recently upgraded to State 15 and am using an older Stata bundle that worked with Stata 14.  I am trying to understand how to make Textmate 2 run Stata 15 from within the Stata bundle, but am having trouble figuring it out.

Re: question regarding stata 15

Ronald Wampler
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Cunningham, Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I recently upgraded to State 15 and am using an older Stata bundle that worked with Stata 14.  I am trying to understand how to make Textmate 2 run Stata 15 from within the Stata bundle, but am having trouble figuring it out.

I do not know anything about Stata, so I might not be that helpful. But, which
Stata bundle are you using? I found this one
https://github.com/pschumm/Stata.tmbundle. It looks like it has a command to
find the Stata app.

Re: question regarding stata 15

Phil Schumm
On Jun 13, 2017, at 12:23 PM, Ronald Wampler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:25 PM, Cunningham, Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I recently upgraded to State 15 and am using an older Stata bundle that worked with Stata 14.  I am trying to understand how to make Textmate 2 run Stata 15 from within the Stata bundle, but am having trouble figuring it out.
>>
> I do not know anything about Stata, so I might not be that helpful. But, which Stata bundle are you using? I found this one https://github.com/pschumm/Stata.tmbundle. It looks like it has a command to
> find the Stata app.

That is correct; assuming that StataCorp didn't change their Applescript API in a way that breaks backward compatibility, you should be able to use the Change Stata App menu command to select the new application bundle.  If that doesn't work, then please file a bug report at

    https://github.com/statatmbundle/Stata.tmbundle

and I'll try to correct the problem as soon as I have access to Stata 15 (should be within the next 1-2 weeks).  Alternatively, if you fix the problem yourself in the meantime, submit a pull request and I'll merge it as soon as possible.

-- Phil

Re: question regarding stata 15

Cunningham, Scott
Thank you both for your response.  When I try to run the “Change Stata app” I get the following error:

Change Stata App: line 4: /Users/scott_cunningham/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Stata.tmbundle/Support/bin/locate_stata.py: No such file or directory

Not sure what is going on.  I should open up by saying I do not have a sophisticated understanding of what is below the hood of Text Mate 2.  I’m just a regular user, and don’t know how to troubleshoot very well.

On Jun 14, 2017, at 8:27 AM, Cunningham, Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you both for your response.  When I try to run the “Change Stata app” I get the following error:
>
> Change Stata App: line 4: /Users/scott_cunningham/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Stata.tmbundle/Support/bin/locate_stata.py: No such file or directory
>
> Not sure what is going on.  I should open up by saying I do not have a sophisticated understanding of what is below the hood of Text Mate 2.  I’m just a regular user, and don’t know how to troubleshoot very well.

Sounds like your bundle may not be installed properly.  I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing the bundle (i.e., under Preferences -> Bundles, uncheck the Stata bundle and then recheck it).

-- Phil