make mate behave like TM itself when opening folder

make mate behave like TM itself when opening folder

Matt Neuburg
When I say (in ruby)

    `"#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/bin/mate" '#{p}'`

where p is the pathname of a folder, what appears in the project browser is that folder plus (hierarchically down from it) all its contents.

But when I open a folder using TextMate, directly, what appears in the project browser is just the contents of the folder; the folder itself is not in the project browser.

How can I make the former (`mate`) behave like the latter (TextMate itself)?

Thx - m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 13! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920310075.do

Re: make mate behave like TM itself when opening folder

Jacob Carlborg

On 4 Jan 2020, at 05:23, Matt Neuburg <[hidden email]> wrote:

When I say (in ruby)

   `"#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/bin/mate" '#{p}'`

where p is the pathname of a folder, what appears in the project browser is that folder plus (hierarchically down from it) all its contents.

But when I open a folder using TextMate, directly, what appears in the project browser is just the contents of the folder; the folder itself is not in the project browser.

How can I make the former (`mate`) behave like the latter (TextMate itself)?

I’m not sure if it makes a difference, but I think you should use the `TM_MATE` environment variable instead. It points to `mate`.

--
/Jacob Carlborg