[TxMt] cmd-A plus right-arrow does not place the cursor at the bottom of the document

[TxMt] cmd-A plus right-arrow does not place the cursor at the bottom of the document

Tim Bates
My way to quickly ge to the bottom of a document is to select it all and then right-arrow to place the cursor at the last character in the document.

For some time now, this doesn’t always work: Often one ends up some-way down, but not at the bottom. Repeating 2-4 times needed to get to the bottom.

It seems to occur when line wrap is on, and the document contains long lines (i.e., text paragraphs)

Perhaps something is a bit off in the algorithm for scrolling the page when lines are wrapping?

Best, tim

[TxMt] Re: cmd-A plus right-arrow does not place the cursor at the bottom of the document

Ross Ahmed
I use cmd + down arrow. How come you don't use that?

Ross Ahmed
Ecologist
--
07875533906
Twitter: @RossAhmed

On 30 Jan 2017, at 11:00, Tim Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:

My way to quickly ge to the bottom of a document is to select it all and then right-arrow to place the cursor at the last character in the document.

For some time now, this doesn’t always work: Often one ends up some-way down, but not at the bottom. Repeating 2-4 times needed to get to the bottom.

It seems to occur when line wrap is on, and the document contains long lines (i.e., text paragraphs)

Perhaps something is a bit off in the algorithm for scrolling the page when lines are wrapping?

Best, tim

[TxMt] Re: cmd-A plus right-arrow does not place the cursor at the bottom of the document

Tim Bates
Shear ignorance :-)
Actually, I think it might be because cmd-A is universal, where as cmd-down isn't? I will try the command out.
But still, there's an unexpected interaction of word warp with revealing the cursor when the user exits to the end of a selection....

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 11:17 AM Ross Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jacob Carlborg
> On 31 jan 2017, at 15:41, Timothy Bates <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Shear ignorance :-)
> Actually, I think it might be because cmd-A is universal, where as cmd-down isn't? I will try the command out.

I’m pretty sure it’s standard for most macOS applications. At least those that use native text fields.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

On 31 Jan 2017, at 21:41, Timothy Bates wrote:

> But still, there's an unexpected interaction of word warp with
> revealing
> the cursor when the user exits to the end of a selection....

Yes, this is a known issue. It’s pretty high on the list of what to
fix when redoing the layout stuff.