[TxMt] bbcode bundle

"Bodo Büttner"
Hi, I am new to Textmate2 and just recently purchased a TM licence for it.

I would like to do mainly 2 things:

1) downlaoad  and install a bbcode bundle (through double-clicking ), (which I haven't been able to  at Google.)
2) install and use the edit in textmate command, so I can directly open a bbcode/Safari input window in Textmate, write my forum post and then close the TM window, so I can give the focus back to Safari.

Any hints, instructions would be welcome.
Sheers, marios666.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Graham Heath
Hello, and welcome,

Re: #1:
  1. Go to https://github.com/gmanley/BBCode.tmbundle
  2. Click the green "Clone or Download" button, and then
  3. Select "Download Zip"
  4. Extract the zip "BBCode.tmbundle-master.zip", which will give you a folder "BBCode.tmbundle-master"
  5. Rename the folder "BBCode.tmbundle-master" to "BBCode.tmbundle"
  6. Double click "BBCode.tmbundle" and install it with TextMate2
  7. Observe that you can now select BBCode from the language selector (in the status bar)
Re #2: Edit in TextMate you say? Where does this functionality exist? I’ve not seen this before, so as much detail as you can provide, would be helpful.

Thanks,

Graham Heath

On February 28, 2017 at 5:42:25 AM, Bodo Büttner ([hidden email]) wrote:

Hi, I am new to Textmate2 and just recently purchased a TM licence for it.

I would like to do mainly 2 things:

1) downlaoad  and install a bbcode bundle (through double-clicking ), (which I haven't been able to  at Google.)
2) install and use the edit in textmate command, so I can directly open a bbcode/Safari input window in Textmate, write my forum post and then close the TM window, so I can give the focus back to Safari.

Any hints, instructions would be welcome.
Sheers, marios666.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Matthias
He's probably referring to functionality provided by e.g. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/its-all-text/

Not sure if this is possible with Safari. IIRC Chrome for instance doesn't allow this.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:28 PM, Graham Heath <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tobias Jung
Graham Heath wrote (Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:28:39 -0500):

> Re #2: Edit in TextMate you say? Where does this functionality exist? I’ve
> not seen this before, so as much detail as you can provide, would be
> helpful.

I guess he is referring to the “Edit in TextMate” input manager that was available for TextMate 1 but to my knowledge never worked with TM2 -- it's mentioned in the (outdated) manual at
<https://manual.macromates.com/en/using_textmate_from_terminal.html> (last section, 21.4)

The closest thing to that function I have found so far is the "Edit with..." workflow for the Alfred App:
<https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1857-edit-with%E2%80%A6-40-for-alfred-3-a-quickcursor-alternative/>
But unfortunately, you'll have to buy the Alfred PowerPack first. <https://www.alfredapp.com/>
And even then, it works different and not as sleek as the old the input manager.

Regards,
T. Jung

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

"Bodo Büttner"
Yes, thanks to both of you.

Reg.: 1) I also found a better solution for bbcode. I go to Preferences/Bundles where you can enable Bulletin Board plugin from the list.
This solution is better, since the github bundle does not work at all ( wrong Variable syntax ) , no language grammar and so on.
Reg.: 2) This is the functionality to call Textmate from within other Applications, ... seems to be, that Tobias is right. Not available rather, but I wonder, wether this could be done with some Shell-Voodoo.

I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some Future Update, since it is a very practical  thing in your workflow.

Thanks to all of you, Cheers, Marios

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 01. März 2017 um 02:15 Uhr
Von: "Tobias Jung" <[hidden email]>
An: "TextMate Users" <[hidden email]>
Betreff: [TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle
Graham Heath wrote (Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:28:39 -0500):

> Re #2: Edit in TextMate you say? Where does this functionality exist? I’ve
> not seen this before, so as much detail as you can provide, would be
> helpful.

I guess he is referring to the “Edit in TextMate” input manager that was available for TextMate 1 but to my knowledge never worked with TM2 -- it's mentioned in the (outdated) manual at
<https://manual.macromates.com/en/using_textmate_from_terminal.html> (last section, 21.4)

The closest thing to that function I have found so far is the "Edit with..." workflow for the Alfred App:
<https://www.alfredforum.com/topic/1857-edit-with%E2%80%A6-40-for-alfred-3-a-quickcursor-alternative/>
But unfortunately, you'll have to buy the Alfred PowerPack first. <https://www.alfredapp.com/>
And even then, it works different and not as sleek as the old the input manager.

Regards,
T. Jung

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Allan Odgaard-4
On 2 Mar 2017, at 0:40, Bodo Büttner wrote:

> [ Edit in TextMate ]
> I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some
> Future Update, since it is a very practical  thing in your workflow.

Believe me, if I knew how to provide such solution (as the old Edit in
TextMate) then I would have done so long ago!

The problem is that Apple has “secured” our operating system so that
it is no longer possible to inject code into other applications, only
applications that expose their own extension mechanisms would allow
something akin to “Edit in TextMate”, and consequently, it would
have to be created on an app-by-app basis.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Tim Bates
QuickCursor still works for me in the cases i need it (browser->tm-> browser, mail->TM-mail) and many more
https://github.com/jessegrosjean/quickcursor

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 3:59 am, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2 Mar 2017, at 0:40, Bodo Büttner wrote:
>
>> [ Edit in TextMate ]
>> I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some Future Update, since it is a very practical  thing in your workflow.
>
> Believe me, if I knew how to provide such solution (as the old Edit in TextMate) then I would have done so long ago!
>
> The problem is that Apple has “secured” our operating system so that it is no longer possible to inject code into other applications, only applications that expose their own extension mechanisms would allow something akin to “Edit in TextMate”, and consequently, it would have to be created on an app-by-app basis.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

"Bodo Büttner"
Does this work from inside a Google Chrome test input field?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 05. März 2017 um 10:31 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 13:53 Uhr
Von: "Bodo Büttner" <[hidden email]>
Does this work from inside a Google Chrome text input field?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 05. März 2017 um 10:31 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>
QuickCursor still works for me in the cases i need it (browser->tm-> browser, mail->TM-mail) and many more
https://github.com/jessegrosjean/quickcursor

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 3:59 am, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2 Mar 2017, at 0:40, Bodo Büttner wrote:
>
>> [ Edit in TextMate ]
>> I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some Future Update, since it is a very practical thing in your workflow.
>
> Believe me, if I knew how to provide such solution (as the old Edit in TextMate) then I would have done so long ago!
>
> The problem is that Apple has “secured” our operating system so that it is no longer possible to inject code into other applications, only applications that expose their own extension mechanisms would allow something akin to “Edit in TextMate”, and consequently, it would have to be created on an app-by-app basis.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Tim Bates
Yes, seems fine in chrome fields

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 13:53 Uhr
Von: "Bodo Büttner" <[hidden email]>
Does this work from inside a Google Chrome text input field?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 05. März 2017 um 10:31 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>
QuickCursor still works for me in the cases i need it (browser->tm-> browser, mail->TM-mail) and many more
https://github.com/jessegrosjean/quickcursor

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 3:59 am, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2 Mar 2017, at 0:40, Bodo Büttner wrote:
>
>> [ Edit in TextMate ]
>> I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some Future Update, since it is a very practical thing in your workflow.
>
> Believe me, if I knew how to provide such solution (as the old Edit in TextMate) then I would have done so long ago!
>
> The problem is that Apple has “secured” our operating system so that it is no longer possible to inject code into other applications, only applications that expose their own extension mechanisms would allow something akin to “Edit in TextMate”, and consequently, it would have to be created on an app-by-app basis.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

"Bodo Büttner"
Thanks

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 15:01 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 13:53 Uhr
Von: "Bodo Büttner" <[hidden email]>
Does this work from inside a Google Chrome text input field?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 05. März 2017 um 10:31 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>
QuickCursor still works for me in the cases i need it (browser->tm-> browser, mail->TM-mail) and many more
https://github.com/jessegrosjean/quickcursor

> On 5 Mar 2017, at 3:59 am, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 2 Mar 2017, at 0:40, Bodo Büttner wrote:
>
>> [ Edit in TextMate ]
>> I just wonder, whether Allen could provide a solution for this in some Future Update, since it is a very practical thing in your workflow.
>
> Believe me, if I knew how to provide such solution (as the old Edit in TextMate) then I would have done so long ago!
>
> The problem is that Apple has “secured” our operating system so that it is no longer possible to inject code into other applications, only applications that expose their own extension mechanisms would allow something akin to “Edit in TextMate”, and consequently, it would have to be created on an app-by-app basis.

[TxMt] Re: bbcode bundle

Graham Heath
Did you build this yourselves? I’m stuck on a error linking openssl.dylib, which I could probably figure out, but if there a binary somewhere, I’d rather use that.

Thanks,

Graham Heath

Thanks

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 15:01 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 09. März 2017 um 13:53 Uhr
Von: "Bodo Büttner" <[hidden email]>
Does this work from inside a Google Chrome text input field?

Gesendet: Sonntag, 05. März 2017 um 10:31 Uhr
Von: "Tim Bates" <[hidden email]>
An: "Textmate textmate@lists. macromates. com" <[hidden email]>