[TxMt] Searching by default in hidden files too

[TxMt] Searching by default in hidden files too

Igor Kozlov
Is there a way to make * include hidden files in Find All dialog?

Currently I have to use {.*,*} to get the needed result but it's not very convenient to type that every time I do a search.

Another nice little tweak would be to search * instead of using the last glob pattern when you leave the glob field empty. And even better would be to make this default pattern configurable. That way I could've just emptied the glob field when I want to search {.*,*}

Thanks.

[TxMt] Re: Searching by default in hidden files too

George McGinley Smith
Why not just leave it as {.*,*} ;)

It is a dropdown select so you can down arrow and reselect old patterns instead of retyping – might save you a few keystrokes :)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 at 00:39 Igor K <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a way to make * include hidden files in Find All dialog?

Currently I have to use {.*,*} to get the needed result but it's not very convenient to type that every time I do a search.

Another nice little tweak would be to search * instead of using the last glob pattern when you leave the glob field empty. And even better would be to make this default pattern configurable. That way I could've just emptied the glob field when I want to search {.*,*}

Thanks.

[TxMt] Re: Searching by default in hidden files too

Igor Kozlov

It is a dropdown select so you can down arrow and reselect old patterns instead of retyping – might save you a few keystrokes :)

You are are right, it's definitely easier to find it using down arrow then typing it every time. It's not perfect but it's ok. Thanks.