[TxMt] Re: Statistics for selection" menu item not displayed neatly (over printing)

[TxMt] Re: Statistics for selection" menu item not displayed neatly (over printing)

Allan Odgaard-4

On 5 Nov 2019, at 14:01, Tim Bates wrote:

As seen in screen shot the Stats for selection menu item of the text bundle is garbled too wide, I guess (at least under 10.15.1 Beta (19B77a) & TM version 2.0.3)

Thanks, it appears that there are a few issues with the way TextMate decorate menu items on 10.15.

The relevant code is here: https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Frameworks/OakAppKit/src/NSMenuItem%20Additions.mm

Unfortunately I don’t have any immediate plans of upgrading to macOS 10.15 because it would cause too much disruption, and I don’t think I can address this issue without a test machine.

So here’s an open invitation for anyone interested to look into this issue :)