[TxMt] Re: Cmd+T Enter is slow since RC1

[TxMt] Re: Cmd+T Enter is slow since RC1

Greg-110
I haven’t been using this command. But tried it with RC3 and I stopped looking at 30k files. Is it looking at my entire drive. The files are beyond scope that I have open, they might be in scope of folders I’ve opened. Ah, I now guess I see what’s going on. I Cmd-T on an untitled, unsaved file. Guess this is an unintended consequence.

OT: I’m surprised to see in this modern era, question marks in place of apostrophes, and things like "seeing the ?T + ? issue with.” In case this gets munged on the way, in Mail on my up to date Mac this has a question mark in front of the T and another question mark following the plus sign.

Greg

On Nov 19, 2016, at 4:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

In rc.3 the main thread is stalled until the list has updated with the
currently open files,

[TxMt] Re: Cmd+T Enter is slow since RC1

Allan Odgaard-4
On 19 Nov 2016, at 22:48, Greg wrote:

> I haven’t been using this command. But tried it with RC3 and I
> stopped looking at 30k files. Is it looking at my entire drive. The
> files are beyond scope that I have open, they might be in scope of
> folders I’ve opened. Ah, I now guess I see what’s going on. I
> Cmd-T on an untitled, unsaved file. Guess this is an unintended
> consequence.

It shows all files from the “project folder” which defaults to your
home folder (for untitled standalone documents). You can however change
the default in Preferences → Projects.

I wouldn’t really call it unintended, but the feature may seem
somewhat useless for untitled standalone documents.

> OT: I’m surprised to see in this modern era, question marks in place
> of apostrophes, and things like "seeing the ?T + ? issue with.” In
> case this gets munged on the way, in Mail on my up to date Mac this
> has a question mark in front of the T and another question mark
> following the plus sign.

I am not sure where you see this, it does not appear broken in any of
the mails that made it to the mailing list.