[TxMt] Random area selected with mouse in Sierra

[TxMt] Random area selected with mouse in Sierra

Konstantin Suvorov
Hello.

Does anybody experience random selections while clicking on tabs or other textmate windows (like search dialog) on Sierra?

I can't find reproducible sequence of events, but it is quite annoying.
Sometimes when I click on other tab text in the current tab gets selected as if shift-clicked somewhere above the current view area.

[TxMt] Re: Random area selected with mouse in Sierra

Allan Odgaard-4

On 8 Feb 2017, at 17:48, Konstantin Suvorov wrote:

Does anybody experience random selections while clicking on tabs or other
textmate windows (like search dialog) on Sierra?

Yes — this happened to me 1-2 weeks ago, never noticed it before, but it happened all the time for a day or so, until I rebooted (due to a software update), and now it does not seem to happen anymore.

I was very puzzled as to why it would happen, and I did try all sorts of things to reproduce the steps, but like you, I was unsuccessful.

One thing that was a little atypical compared to my normal workflow is that the project I worked on at the time had saveOnBlur = true in its .tm_properties and I was regularly switching away/back to TextMate. Although definitely not the first time I have used this workflow, but first time I noticed the selection issue.

FYI I am now on 10.12.3, so if you are on less, then definitely check for an OS update.

I would also suggest trying to reboot. I don’t exactly see how it could happen, but perhaps some sort of stuck modifier flag for the activation mouse event, making TextMate think there was a shift-click to extend the selection.

[TxMt] Re: Random area selected with mouse in Sierra

Christian Rosentreter

Hi there,

> On 08 Feb 2017, at 11:48 AM, Konstantin Suvorov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Does anybody experience random selections while clicking on tabs or other textmate windows (like search dialog) on Sierra?
>
> I can't find reproducible sequence of events, but it is quite annoying.
> Sometimes when I click on other tab text in the current tab gets selected as if shift-clicked somewhere above the current view area.

I sometimes experience the effect that when I go to the menu to "Save" or "Save as..." suddenly the area from the current cursor position to the very top of the document is selected. That is also distracting and somewhat annoying. :-)

I'm still with Yosemite though.

regards,
Christian

--