[TxMt] Problem with DVI Search

Tao Zha
I use the pdflatex option and view in Skim.  Ever since I installed macOS Sierra, when I typeset my latex file, the page in the created pdf file no longer corresponds to the location in the latex file.  In fact, the opened page is where the last opened page is.  I would appreciate your help with any solution to this problem.

Tao

[TxMt] Re: Problem with DVI Search

René Schwaiger
Hi Tao,

> On 4 Nov 2016, at 14:29 , Tao Zha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use the pdflatex option and view in Skim.  Ever since I installed macOS Sierra, when I typeset my latex file, the page in the created pdf file no longer corresponds to the location in the latex file.  In fact, the opened page is where the last opened page is.  I would appreciate your help with any solution to this problem.

it sounds like you have the same problem as Gildas [1].

[1]: http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/pdfsync-problems-in-LaTeX-bundle-Skim-Sierra-tp30968p30974.html

Just follow the steps from the link above. After that “Forward Search” should work again, as long as you translate a single TeX document only. If you use `\include{}` or `\input{}` in your document, then I guess you have to wait for a fix until the next version of Skim is released. Maybe downgrading Skim works too, but I have not tried that yet.

> Tao

Kind regards,
  René

[TxMt] Re: Problem with DVI Search

Tao Zha
Thanks a lot, Rene.  I tried and it has worked nicely.  Tao

On Nov 4, 2016, at 10:20 AM, René Schwaiger <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Tao,

> On 4 Nov 2016, at 14:29 , Tao Zha <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I use the pdflatex option and view in Skim.  Ever since I installed macOS Sierra, when I typeset my latex file, the page in the created pdf file no longer corresponds to the location in the latex file.  In fact, the opened page is where the last opened page is.  I would appreciate your help with any solution to this problem.

it sounds like you have the same problem as Gildas [1].

[1]: http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/pdfsync-problems-in-LaTeX-bundle-Skim-Sierra-tp30968p30974.html

Just follow the steps from the link above. After that “Forward Search” should work again, as long as you translate a single TeX document only. If you use `\include{}` or `\input{}` in your document, then I guess you have to wait for a fix until the next version of Skim is released. Maybe downgrading Skim works too, but I have not tried that yet.

> Tao

Kind regards,
 René