[TxMt] Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Erik Neumann
I often see in my "Open Recent" menu the full path to a file and the same file is repeated several times in the menu.  It makes the menu quite large and a bit hard to read.  See attached screenshot.

In this case I had just created a new text file and saved to it about a dozen times.Inline image 1




_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Re: Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Ronald Wampler
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Erik Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I often see in my "Open Recent" menu the full path to a file and the same file is repeated several times in the menu.  It makes the menu quite large and a bit hard to read. 

Was this document created via the command line with 'mate'?



_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Re: Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Etienne Samson
> Le 28 nov. 2016 à 20:22, Ronald Wampler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Erik Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I often see in my "Open Recent" menu the full path to a file and the same file is repeated several times in the menu.  It makes the menu quite large and a bit hard to read.
>
> Was this document created via the command line with 'mate'?

I've seen it happen once, and my personal answer to this is "Yes".

Right now I've been able to reproduce only one duplicate though. Steps are :
- $ mate afile.txt
- check "Open recent", there's an unlabelled entry.
- save
- check "Open recent", there are two entries for afile.txt

Regards,
Etienne Samson
--
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Re: Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Ralf Baumbach
I can reproduce this behavior with 2.0-rc.4

best,
Ralf

> Am 28.11.2016 um 21:24 schrieb Etienne Samson <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Le 28 nov. 2016 à 20:22, Ronald Wampler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Erik Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I often see in my "Open Recent" menu the full path to a file and the same file is repeated several times in the menu.  It makes the menu quite large and a bit hard to read.
>>
>> Was this document created via the command line with 'mate'?
>
> I've seen it happen once, and my personal answer to this is "Yes".
>
> Right now I've been able to reproduce only one duplicate though. Steps are :
> - $ mate afile.txt
> - check "Open recent", there's an unlabelled entry.
> - save
> - check "Open recent", there are two entries for afile.txt
>
> Regards,
> Etienne Samson
> --
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> textmate mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate

--
Web-Entwickler
Konzeption und Entwicklung von Web-Applikationen
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Re: Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Ronald Wampler
In reply to this post by Etienne Samson
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Etienne Samson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Le 28 nov. 2016 à 20:22, Ronald Wampler <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Erik Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I often see in my "Open Recent" menu the full path to a file and the same file is repeated several times in the menu.  It makes the menu quite large and a bit hard to read.
>>
>> Was this document created via the command line with 'mate'?
>
> I've seen it happen once, and my personal answer to this is "Yes".
>
> Right now I've been able to reproduce only one duplicate though. Steps are :
> - $ mate afile.txt
> - check "Open recent", there's an unlabelled entry.
> - save
> - check "Open recent", there are two entries for afile.txt
>
Thanks for confirming that. This is a regression due to some refactoring.

Allan, I was thinking of letting `mate` set the virtual path (i.e.,
real-path, which seems like misnomer) is this case.
I can submit a PR shortly unless you prefer another solution.

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TxMt] Re: Menu bug (?) with "Open Recent"

Allan Odgaard-4

On 29 Nov 2016, at 10:10, Ronald Wampler wrote:

Allan, I was thinking of letting `mate` set the virtual path (i.e.,
real-path, which seems like misnomer) is this case.
I can submit a PR shortly unless you prefer another solution.

Please do, I have not looked into the issue (and was not aware of it).

But I am not sure I follow regarding virtualPath, this should only be set by rmate and is the path on the server (from where the misnomer comes, as from the server’s POV it is the “real path”), so using that in the Open Recent menu would not work (documents with a virtualPath should not do any recent tracking).



_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Loading...