Touchbar previous/next bookmark behaviour

Touchbar previous/next bookmark behaviour

sellmerfud
I have been playing with the touchbar support in texmate and have noticed the following.

If I set bookmarks in my document the touchbar buttons with up/down chevrons will correctly take me to the previous or next bookmark respectively.

However, if I make a change to the document and save it.  I now get a change marker showing that it is different than what is in the git repository. That is to be expected.

But now the up/down buttons on the touchbar stop at all of the git markers as well as the bookmarks.  Is this by design?
It makes jumping back and forth between a couple of bookmarks painful if there are a lot of edits in the file.

I can still hold down the fn button and use F2/Shift F2 to achieve this, but that sort of defeats the purpose of having the nifty touch bar buttons.

Re: Touchbar previous/next bookmark behaviour

Ronald Wampler
On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 6:14 PM Curt Sellmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been playing with the touchbar support in texmate and have noticed the following.
>
> If I set bookmarks in my document the touchbar buttons with up/down chevrons will correctly take me to the previous or next bookmark respectively.
>
> However, if I make a change to the document and save it.  I now get a change marker showing that it is different than what is in the git repository. That is to be expected.
>
> But now the up/down buttons on the touchbar stop at all of the git markers as well as the bookmarks.  Is this by design?

Yeah, I wanted to make it easier to navigate other marks (not necessary
the git markers) without adding yet another up/down arrows button in the Touch
Bar. But, I agree it probably should have been just to navigate the bookmarks.
I'll submit a PR to change the behavior.

On Sun, Aug 18, 2019 at 10:50 AM Ronald Wampler <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 6:14 PM Curt Sellmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been playing with the touchbar support in texmate and have noticed the following.
>
> If I set bookmarks in my document the touchbar buttons with up/down chevrons will correctly take me to the previous or next bookmark respectively.
>
> However, if I make a change to the document and save it.  I now get a change marker showing that it is different than what is in the git repository. That is to be expected.
>
> But now the up/down buttons on the touchbar stop at all of the git markers as well as the bookmarks.  Is this by design?

Yeah, I wanted to make it easier to navigate other marks (not necessary
the git markers) without adding yet another up/down arrows button in the Touch
Bar. But, I agree it probably should have been just to navigate the bookmarks.
I'll submit a PR to change the behavior.

<snip>

Great.  Thanks.