Title bar 2 px to high

feek
It seems that the title bar (gray bar on the top with the file name) is two pixels (2 px) to high.

When entering in the full screen mode you have a 2px gray bar. Also when you hide the menu bar in El Capitan and you hover the the top screen in order to show the menu bar, you also see the two pixels!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyt2694nd05r6mn/textmate_1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa0ogp8osb12c58/textmate_2.jpg?dl=0

Regards
Feek

Re: Title bar 2 px to high

Allan Odgaard-4
On 1 Oct 2015, at 4:44, feek wrote:

> It seems that the title bar (gray bar on the top with the file name)
> is two
> pixels (2 px) to high.

This is because of the tabs.

We use the unified window style where the titlebar bleeds into the
window content, but then we draw our own border below the system’s
title bar (except for the active tab, when the window is showing one).

Re: Title bar 2 px to high

feek
Hi Allan,

Tnx for your reply!

I understand that you need for tabs an extra content container. When the tabs are active there is no issue with the 2px!

But in my prefs I have the option "Document tabs" > "Show for single tabs" turned off. So when I start a new (single) document, no tabs are active. In that case the 2px gray line on the top of my full-screen mode is a bit distractive (for e.g. non distractive Markdown writing ;) ). Is it possible to not using the extra content container in case of a single document and no tabs-view is active?

Kind regards,
feek

Re: Title bar 2 px to high

Allan Odgaard-4
On 8 Oct 2015, at 14:58, feek wrote:

> […] in my prefs I have the option "Document tabs" > "Show for single
> tabs"
> turned off. So when I start a new (single) document, no tabs are
> active. In
> that case the 2px gray line on the top of my full-screen mode is a bit
> distractive (for e.g. non distractive Markdown writing ;) ). Is it
> possible
> to not using the extra content container in case of a single document
> and no
> tabs-view is active?

The problem is that whether or not the system should draw the border is
specified when creating the window.

So while we could create a different window for a single tab, once you
open a second tab, we would effectively have to recreate the window with
a different style mask.

More feasible might be to split the tab bar into two views, one placed
in the title bar and one below it, and then draw the border in the title
bar. The problem with this solution is that it is needlesly complex and
there is no documentation for how to draw into the title bar, i.e. while
it’s possible, the solution could easily break in an update.

But I’ll keep the issue in mind and do some tests when I upgrade to
10.11.

Re: Title bar 2 px to high

feek
Hi Allan,