TextMate 2 features not in TextMate 1.5?

TextMate 2 features not in TextMate 1.5?

bobrocke
I'm new to the TextMate community, starting in with TextMate 2 when it was released as a public alpha. I don't own TextMate 1.5.

What are the key features, from the users viewpoint, added to TextMate in version 2 (besides opening the source)?

Bob

Re: TextMate 2 features not in TextMate 1.5?

Allan Odgaard-4
On Feb 6, 2013, at 7:22 PM, bobrocke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What are the key features, from the users viewpoint, added to TextMate in
> version 2 (besides opening the source)?

This was the “major points” that the first alpha had over 1.x: https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Applications/TextMate/about/Changes.md#2011-12-13

It’s still classified as alpha though. In many ways 2.0 is a lot better than 1.x but there are still a few things that needs to be worked on before I plan to actively push it as the replacement for 1.x.