TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

owenhw
I just started learning Python and using TextMate 2.0.0-alpha.9319 build. There was no problem using built-in Python 2.7.2. But after my update to latest Python 3.3.0, I am having some errors in all program as simple as:

#!/usr/bin/env Python3.3    #pointing TextMate to latest python3.3
print ('Hi')

output as follows :
Error in sitecustomize; set PYTHONVERBOSE for traceback:
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
Hi

Screen_Shot_2012-10-26_at_7.12.05_PM.png

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

owenhw
Using TextMate is very convenient and nice compared to default Python's IDLE.. so please can someone help me work this out ??

Thanks millions in advance.

P.S: and the program cannot take input() too. it works fine in IDLE but IDLE itself has its own bug, which crashes IDLE when selecting Preferences. :sigh:
attached is the screenshot.screenshot

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

simon
I have exactly the same issue as yours!! Can't run python 3.3 from Textmate 2!

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

Michael Sheets-2
On Sep 30, 2013, at 1:00 PM, simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have exactly the same issue as yours!! Can't run python 3.3 from Textmate
> 2!

Corrected this issue yesterday but hadn't yet deployed it. Just deployed in now so within a few hours the bundle should update and it will work again. (Provided you have automatic bundle updates enabled.)

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

simon
Thanks you, Michael!! My textmate now runs python 3.3 script.

But I notice that if I add at the beginning of my script the shebang to set environment to python 3.3, the script no longer runs. (I also have a variable TM_python set to python 3.3).

On Sep 30, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Michael Sheets-2 [via TextMate] wrote:

On Sep 30, 2013, at 1:00 PM, simon <<a href="x-msg://72/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=26901&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have exactly the same issue as yours!! Can't run python 3.3 from Textmate
> 2!

Corrected this issue yesterday but hadn't yet deployed it. Just deployed in now so within a few hours the bundle should update and it will work again. (Provided you have automatic bundle updates enabled.)

http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/TextMate-2-and-Python-3-3-0-tp25945p26901.html
To unsubscribe from TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0, click here.
NAML

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

Allan Odgaard-4
On Oct 1, 2013, at 1:24, simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But I notice that if I add at the beginning of my script the shebang to set environment to python 3.3, the script no longer runs. (I also have a variable TM_python set to python 3.3).

If your script has a shebang, that is what TM uses to run your script.

It’ll fallback on TM_PYTHON only if there is no shebang.

So likely your shebang is incorrect, more info required if you need further help.

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

simon
So you are saying that  if I have TM_PYTHON, then I'll be fine without the shebang script.

The shebang I entered was: #! usr/local/bin/python 3.3

I think another one should do the same: #! usr/bin/env python3.3

Thanks!

On Oct 1, 2013, at 2:46 AM, Allan Odgaard-4 [via TextMate] wrote:

On Oct 1, 2013, at 1:24, simon <<a href="x-msg://311/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=26903&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> But I notice that if I add at the beginning of my script the shebang to set environment to python 3.3, the script no longer runs. (I also have a variable TM_python set to python 3.3).

If your script has a shebang, that is what TM uses to run your script.

It’ll fallback on TM_PYTHON only if there is no shebang.

So likely your shebang is incorrect, more info required if you need further help.

http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/TextMate-2-and-Python-3-3-0-tp25945p26903.html
To unsubscribe from TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0, click here.
NAML

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

Louis Zulli

On Oct 1, 2013, at 3:27 PM, simon wrote:

The shebang I entered was: #! usr/local/bin/python 3.3

The lack of a / before usr and the space after python seem like trouble

Try /usr/local/bin/python3.3

Re: TextMate 2 and Python 3.3.0

simon

O I see. Thank you for pointing it out! Silly mistakes..

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android