Sync TextMate 2 Prefs via Dropbox?

bobrocke
I've set up my Avian and TextMate folders in Application Support as symlinks to those folders on my Dropbox account. That seems to be working.

But is it safe? Can that setup handle TextMate 2 open on my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro at the same time?

Re: Sync TextMate 2 Prefs via Dropbox?

Allan Odgaard-4
On Jan 31, 2013, at 8:13 PM, bobrocke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've set up my Avian and TextMate folders in Application Support as symlinks
> to those folders on my Dropbox account. That seems to be working.
>
> But is it safe? Can that setup handle TextMate 2 open on my Mac Pro and
> MacBook Pro at the same time?

In theory, yes. In practice there seems to be issues with DropBox causing FSEvents to not always work, which means TextMate won’t be told about changes on the disk.

Re: Sync TextMate 2 Prefs via Dropbox?

Brandon Fryslie-3
I've had issues with TextMate not finding custom bundles when synced
via Dropbox also.  This was about a year ago, YMMV.

On 2013-02-01 11:03, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2013, at 8:13 PM, bobrocke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I've set up my Avian and TextMate folders in Application Support as
>> symlinks
>> to those folders on my Dropbox account. That seems to be working.
>>
>> But is it safe? Can that setup handle TextMate 2 open on my Mac Pro
>> and
>> MacBook Pro at the same time?
>
> In theory, yes. In practice there seems to be issues with DropBox
> causing FSEvents to not always work, which means TextMate won’t be
> told about changes on the disk.

Re: Sync TextMate 2 Prefs via Dropbox?

bobrocke
Not finding a custom bundle may have been causing me a crash last night, so I'm back to independent copies of the Application Support folders for the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro. I'm sure adding something like this is a pretty low priority for those developing the app. But it would be a nice feature.

Bob