Re: Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

Andy Herbert
On 11 Jan 2007, at 22:12, Gerd Knops wrote:

> I have not tried it yet, and it is still very much a work in  
> progress, but now Fuse and the ssh file system are available for OS X:
>
> http://googlemac.blogspot.com/2007/01/taming-mac-os-x-file- 
> systems.html
>
> If that works well there would be no need for an ssh implementation  
> in TextMate, and Allan could use the time to add other cool  
> things... And it probably is just a matter of time before ftp will  
> be supported by this as well.

I've been playing around with the SSHFS for a while, and I have tried  
to get one of the FTPFS implementations working with no luck. The  
MacFuse wiki indicates that FTPFS has been 'tested' with MacFUSE, has  
anyone on this list succeeded in doing this?

______________________________________________________________________
For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

lukas | dressy vagabonds
hi,

i managed to get it running and it works pretty decently :-)

it was a little bit of a fiddling and i compiled everything from  
source, patching darwinport files

what is your problem in getting it running?

best regards

lukas

Am 13.01.2007 um 09:39 schrieb Andy Herbert:

> On 11 Jan 2007, at 22:12, Gerd Knops wrote:
>
>> I have not tried it yet, and it is still very much a work in  
>> progress, but now Fuse and the ssh file system are available for  
>> OS X:
>>
>> http://googlemac.blogspot.com/2007/01/taming-mac-os-x-file- 
>> systems.html
>>
>> If that works well there would be no need for an ssh  
>> implementation in TextMate, and Allan could use the time to add  
>> other cool things... And it probably is just a matter of time  
>> before ftp will be supported by this as well.
>
> I've been playing around with the SSHFS for a while, and I have  
> tried to get one of the FTPFS implementations working with no luck.  
> The MacFuse wiki indicates that FTPFS has been 'tested' with  
> MacFUSE, has anyone on this list succeeded in doing this?
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
> (threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
> http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate


______________________________________________________________________
For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

Andy Herbert

On 13 Jan 2007, at 15:20, lukas | dressy vagabonds wrote:

> hi,
>
> i managed to get it running and it works pretty decently :-)
>
> it was a little bit of a fiddling and i compiled everything from  
> source, patching darwinport files
>
> what is your problem in getting it running?
>
> best regards
>
> lukas

Which implementation for the FTPFS did you use, also what did you  
need to patch and fiddle with? :)

______________________________________________________________________
For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Fuse for OS X, ssh file system!

Chris Thomas-7
In reply to this post by Andy Herbert
Looks like MacFUSE has competition:

http://mac.pqrs.org/sshfs/


> sshfs based Darwin optimized Userland Filesystem Library named  
> "URDFS".
> (URD == Userland Related filesystem on Darwin)
>
> This implementation contains URDFS Library and "sshfs depending code".
> URDFS is kext & userland messaging server, and the userland  
> interface for filesystem depending code.

Chris

On Jan 11, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Gerd Knops wrote:

> I have not tried it yet, and it is still very much a work in  
> progress, but now Fuse and the ssh file system are available for OS X:
>
> http://googlemac.blogspot.com/2007/01/taming-mac-os-x-file-systems.html
>
> If that works well there would be no need for an ssh implementation  
> in TextMate, and Allan could use the time to add other cool  
> things... And it probably is just a matter of time before ftp will  
> be supported by this as well.
>
> Gerd
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
> (threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
> http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate
>


______________________________________________________________________
For new threads USE THIS: [hidden email]
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
http://lists.macromates.com/mailman/listinfo/textmate
Loading...