Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Per Olofsson
I'm on my third attempt on switching from TM1, but this time it's
actually going pretty smooth. One thing has me stumped though, there's
no keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find? I checked the commit history
and it was reassigned to Replace in f39ac28, leaving Replace & Find
shortcutless. There doesn't seem to be many options left for F and G (is
there a way to bring up a list of all active bindings?), but adding one
for Replace & Find would make my life a lot easier.

Thanks,

--
  Per Olofsson
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Martin Kühl-3
You can add keybindings for menu items yourself through System
Preferences: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21534?locale=en_US

HTH,
-Martin

On 22 February 2017 at 15:47, Per Olofsson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm on my third attempt on switching from TM1, but this time it's
> actually going pretty smooth. One thing has me stumped though, there's
> no keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find? I checked the commit history
> and it was reassigned to Replace in f39ac28, leaving Replace & Find
> shortcutless. There doesn't seem to be many options left for F and G (is
> there a way to bring up a list of all active bindings?), but adding one
> for Replace & Find would make my life a lot easier.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>   Per Olofsson
>   [hidden email]
>
> _______________________________________________
> textmate mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Per Olofsson
On Wed, Feb 22, 2017, at 11:49 AM, Martin Kühl wrote:
> You can add keybindings for menu items yourself through System
> Preferences: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21534?locale=en_US

Thanks, yes, I'm aware of that, and it's my current workaround. However
I regularly switch between several workstations, and I prefer to keep
customization to a minimum.

--
  Per Olofsson
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Matt Neuburg
What does that mean? Whatever you do would have to be done on each computer, no matter what the mechanism was. m.

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:50 PM, Per Olofsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, yes, I'm aware of that, and it's my current workaround. However
> I regularly switch between several workstations, and I prefer to keep
> customization to a minimum.


--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
pantes anthropoi tou eidenai oregontai phusei
Programming iOS 10! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920055235.do
iOS 10 Fundamentals! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920055211.do
RubyFrontier! http://www.apeth.com/RubyFrontierDocs/default.html


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

George McGinley Smith
It means please add it to TextMate 😀
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 at 01:31, Matt Neuburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
What does that mean? Whatever you do would have to be done on each computer, no matter what the mechanism was. m.

> On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:50 PM, Per Olofsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, yes, I'm aware of that, and it's my current workaround. However
> I regularly switch between several workstations, and I prefer to keep
> customization to a minimum.


--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
pantes anthropoi tou eidenai oregontai phusei
Programming iOS 10! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920055235.do
iOS 10 Fundamentals! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920055211.do
RubyFrontier! http://www.apeth.com/RubyFrontierDocs/default.html


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Martin Wilhelm Leidig

> Am 2017-02-23 um 8.59 schrieb George McGinley Smith <[hidden email]>:
>
> It means please add it to TextMate 😀

I second that.

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 at 01:31, Matt Neuburg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What does that mean? Whatever you do would have to be done on each computer, no matter what the mechanism was. m.
>
> > On Feb 22, 2017, at 12:50 PM, Per Olofsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, yes, I'm aware of that, and it's my current workaround. However
> > I regularly switch between several workstations, and I prefer to keep
> > customization to a minimum.


… mit freundlichem Gruß aus Ladenburg:

-Moss-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik -- Dante e.V. #1580





_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate

signature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Allan Odgaard-4
In reply to this post by George McGinley Smith
On 23 Feb 2017, at 14:59, George McGinley Smith wrote:

> It means please add it to TextMate 😀

But using what key equivalent?

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Per Olofsson
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 10:36 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 23 Feb 2017, at 14:59, George McGinley Smith wrote:
>
> > It means please add it to TextMate 😀
>
> But using what key equivalent?

Is there a way of getting a definitive list of all active keyboard
shortcuts? As far as I can tell the only free ones are:

⌃⇧⌘F
⌃⌥⌘G
⇧⌥⌘F
⇧⌥⌘G

With my short fingers they're all two handed, but I find ⌃⌥⌘G is by far
the easiest to type.

Personally I use Replace & Find a lot more than I see myself using Find
All, and I'd argue for giving back Replace & Find ⌥⌘F and relegating
Find All to something like ⌃⇧⌘F, but that's largely colored by my recent
switch from TM1.

--
  Per Olofsson
  [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Missing keyboard shortcut for Replace & Find

Martin Wilhelm Leidig

> Am 2017-02-24 um 9.40 schrieb Per Olofsson <[hidden email]>:
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017, at 10:36 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>> On 23 Feb 2017, at 14:59, George McGinley Smith wrote:
>>
>>> It means please add it to TextMate 😀
>>
>> But using what key equivalent?
>
> Is there a way of getting a definitive list of all active keyboard
> shortcuts?
There is a tool named KeyCue showing at least menu shortcuts, see <http://www.ergonis.com/products/keycue/>.  Not quite what you asked but sometimes useful.

> As far as I can tell the only free ones are:
>
> ⌃⇧⌘F
> ⌃⌥⌘G
> ⇧⌥⌘F
> ⇧⌥⌘G

It should be some G-combi, \me thinks.  Imho, all Find operations should be something with “F”, and Replace, being the logically next op, something with “G”.

> With my short fingers they're all two handed, but I find ⌃⌥⌘G is by far
> the easiest to type.

Just tried it: I can perform both G combis with one hand, if need be, but ⇧⌥⌘G needs far less muscle tension than ⌃⌥⌘G.  Two-handed, there’s almost no difference, so I’d opt for shift-opt-cmd-G.


… mit freundlichem Gruß aus Ladenburg:

-Moss-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik -- Dante e.V. #1580





_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate

signature.asc (858 bytes) Download Attachment