Keeping track of bookmarks

Jon Lee-3
Hello,

I am working on a plugin that involves keeping track of the bookmarks in a file. I found out how to grab them from the extended attributes, but it looks like those attributes do not get updated when you add or remove a bookmark, but when you close the file.

Is there a method I could hook into (or swizzle) when the bookmarks of a file changes? I could hook when the user clicks in the text view, and see if where they clicked is in the area where the bookmarks are, but there's no guarantee that they actually added/removed a bookmark. I was hoping there was some data structure that holds the bookmarks before they get saved out.

Thanks!
Jon

Re: Keeping track of bookmarks

Allan Odgaard-4
On 12 Aug 2011, at 18:26, Jon Lee wrote:

> Is there a method I could hook into (or swizzle) when the bookmarks of a
> file changes? […]

The internals of TextMate is C++ so I don’t think there as an easy way to hook into this.