How do I set "document" as default in Find and Replace dialog

ysw

How do I set "document" as default in Find and Replace dialog

ysw
Most of the time I'd want to apply Find and Replace to the entire document, as opposed to the selection only. TextMate 2 seems to change behavior depending on whether there is text selected. Is there a way to make it use "Document" by default at all times? Thanks!

ysw

Re: How do I set "document" as default in Find and Replace dialog

Allan Odgaard-4
On Jun 12, 2013, at 20:11, ysw <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Most of the time I'd want to apply Find and Replace to the entire document,
> as opposed to the selection only. TextMate 2 seems to change behavior
> depending on whether there is text selected. Is there a way to make it use
> "Document" by default at all times?

This is presently not possible.

I think this has come up once before and I was considering allowing a second press of ⌘F to switch to “Document” (i.e. if the find dialog is already showing).

Would such solution work for you? Or do you desire a (presumably hidden) option to never have it search selection by default?

For the records, ‘selection’ is used when the current document selection contains a newline.

ysw

Re: How do I set "document" as default in Find and Replace dialog

ysw
Thanks for the response! For my personally, it would be more convenient to have an option, say in .tm_properties, to never have it search selection by default.

Another random ideas is that it might be useful to have command-F toggling between Document and Selection when the Find Dialog is on top.

On Jun 13, 2013, at 18:32, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> […] I was considering allowing a second press of ⌘F to switch to “Document” (i.e. if the find dialog is already showing).

Turns out this is already implemented :)

I’ll consider disabling the heuristic or adding an option for it.