Getting started with Xcode 3 and textmate

Getting started with Xcode 3 and textmate

Oscar Del Ben
Hi all, I was wondering how I can create a textmate plugin with xcode 3. I found an old guide but it was too old. I'm particularly interested in generating the tmbundle file.

Oscar

Re: Getting started with Xcode 3 and textmate

Hans-Jörg Bibiko

On Mar 26, 2010, at 7:36 AM, Oscar Del Ben wrote:

> Hi all, I was wondering how I can create a textmate plugin with xcode 3. I found an old guide but it was too old. I'm particularly interested in generating the tmbundle file.

Hi Oscar,

maybe have a look at:

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~bibiko/downloads/textmate/

first item "Xcode template for TextMate plug-ins".

Please note that the usage of all listed TM methods in the header file is kind of a hack, i.e. there's no official API and a plug-in based on these methods won't work for TM 2.0.

Cheers,
--Hans

Re: Getting started with Xcode 3 and textmate

Oscar Del Ben
Thanks!

On 26 Mar 2010, at 07:36, Oscar Del Ben wrote:

> [...] I'm particularly interested in generating the tmbundle file.

You do not need plug-ins for that. Have a look at snippets, commands,
and language grammars in the manual: http://manual.macromates.com/en/

On Mar 26, 2010, at 9:18 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 26 Mar 2010, at 07:36, Oscar Del Ben wrote:
>
>> [...] I'm particularly interested in generating the tmbundle file.
>
> You do not need plug-ins for that. Have a look at snippets, commands, and language grammars in the manual: http://manual.macromates.com/en/

Oh, blimey. I misread it. Yes, to generate new _tmbundles_ you do not need a plug-in.

--Hans

Re: Getting started with Xcode 3 and textmate

Oscar Del Ben
In reality I wanted to create a separate app in objective c that works with textmate. So in reality my question was probably wrong, but I still got the answer I needed.