File permissions revert when saving file (new atomic save engine)

File permissions revert when saving file (new atomic save engine)

Quinn Comendant
I notice that after updating to 2.0-rc.25 and 2.0-rc.26, file permissions revert when saving a file. I presume this has to do with the new atomic save engine. E.g., a file which previously had -rwxr-xr-x permissions reverts to -rw-r--r-- after saving. I assume this is a bug?

# chmod 755 bin/resman.cli.php
# ls -l bin/resman.cli.php
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 q  staff  10184 Jul  8 01:01 bin/resman.cli.php

(Edit and save the file in TextMate 2.0-rc.26)

# ls -l bin/resman.cli.php
-rw-r--r--@ 1 q  staff  10184 Jul  8 01:01 bin/resman.cli.php

Quinn

Re: File permissions revert when saving file (new atomic save engine)

Allan Odgaard-4

On 8 Jul 2019, at 8:04, Quinn Comendant wrote:

I notice that after updating to 2.0-rc.25 and 2.0-rc.26, file permissions revert when saving a file. I presume this has to do with the new atomic save engine. E.g., a file which previously had -rwxr-xr-x permissions reverts to -rw-r--r-- after saving. I assume this is a bug?

Thanks, that is indeed a bug.

It should be fixed in v2.0-rc.27.