Feature Request for Bulleting Board Bundle

Feature Request for Bulleting Board Bundle

Zettt
Hi

Today i was just asking myself, when i was editing a quite big Forum
Post. Why there is no "Bulletin Board"-like editing mode in TextMate?
I hope you know what i mean...but let me describe.

When you are on the website of your favourite board. And make a new
post, the editor comes up and you start typing.
Then you decide: this one has to be size 1, this passage has to be a
link and so on.
On the Forum you are just mark which text has to be size 1 or the
link, click the size or link button and your marked text is put
between the tags you decided eg [size=1]my little text[/size]

This would be very handy to have! Because i am (very) addicted to
some forum i am visiting and i am writing some large entries there
which are posted on the start-page of the site.

Thanks!
Zettt

Re: Feature Request for Bulleting Board Bundle

Niels Kobschätzki
On Jan 13, 2007, at 9:21 AM, Zeitler Andreas wrote:

> Hi
>
> Today i was just asking myself, when i was editing a quite big
> Forum Post. Why there is no "Bulletin Board"-like editing mode in
> TextMate?
> I hope you know what i mean...but let me describe.
>
> When you are on the website of your favourite board. And make a new
> post, the editor comes up and you start typing.
> Then you decide: this one has to be size 1, this passage has to be
> a link and so on.
> On the Forum you are just mark which text has to be size 1 or the
> link, click the size or link button and your marked text is put
> between the tags you decided eg [size=1]my little text[/size]
>
> This would be very handy to have! Because i am (very) addicted to
> some forum i am visiting and i am writing some large entries there
> which are posted on the start-page of the site.

I have a Bulletin Board-Bundle in my list of bundles....
You should try out GetBundle or do a svn-checkout - that way you
should be able to get it.

Niels

Re: Feature Request for Bulleting Board Bundle

Jacob Rus-2
Zeitler Andreas wrote:
> Today i was just asking myself, when i was editing a quite big Forum
> Post. Why there is no "Bulletin Board"-like editing mode in TextMate?
> I hope you know what i mean...but let me describe.

Yes, I made a bulletin board bundle (in fact these things were my first
textmate bundle items, so they're probably somewhat shitty with
out-of-date scopes, etc.).  It doesn't have too much functionality, but
it should do reasonable syntax highlighting, and things like cmd-b for
bold, etc.