Dragging a tab to a new window

Carpii UK
Is there any option or defaults setting which allows me to drag a TM tab out of the TM window (onto desktop for example) and have it work as if you're trying to 'Move Tab to New Window'

I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like you could do this at one point.

Not a huge issue, as I can see I can assign a keyboard shortcut for it, it just seems a little odd that it always treats dragging as the file contents

Thanks

Re: Dragging a tab to a new window

dangerwillrobinsondanger
I have the same imagining at least once a day. I'd love to know the answer too.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 9:34, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any option or defaults setting which allows me to drag a TM tab out of the TM window (onto desktop for example) and have it work as if you're trying to 'Move Tab to New Window'
>
> I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like you could

Re: Dragging a tab to a new window

Carpii UK
Glad its not just me :)

It's possible this feature never existed in TM, and I'm just confusing it with iTerm

If it never existed, it would be a nice feature to have.
I cant think of a time where I'd want to drag a tab somewhere, and have it save the file there

On 1 June 2017 at 01:41, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have the same imagining at least once a day. I'd love to know the answer too.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 9:34, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any option or defaults setting which allows me to drag a TM tab out of the TM window (onto desktop for example) and have it work as if you're trying to 'Move Tab to New Window'
>
> I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like you could

Re: Dragging a tab to a new window

Ed Wong-3
Are you referring to double-clicking the tab? That breaks it out into its own window.

Ed

On 31 May2017, at 8:49 PM, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:

Glad its not just me :)

It's possible this feature never existed in TM, and I'm just confusing it with iTerm

If it never existed, it would be a nice feature to have.
I cant think of a time where I'd want to drag a tab somewhere, and have it save the file there

On 1 June 2017 at 01:41, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have the same imagining at least once a day. I'd love to know the answer too.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 9:34, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any option or defaults setting which allows me to drag a TM tab out of the TM window (onto desktop for example) and have it work as if you're trying to 'Move Tab to New Window'
>
> I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like you could

Re: Dragging a tab to a new window

Carpii UK
Not sure I've ever tried that before, buts it's a welcome solution, thankyou :)

On 1 June 2017 at 02:19, Ed Wong <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are you referring to double-clicking the tab? That breaks it out into its own window.

Ed

On 31 May2017, at 8:49 PM, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:

Glad its not just me :)

It's possible this feature never existed in TM, and I'm just confusing it with iTerm

If it never existed, it would be a nice feature to have.
I cant think of a time where I'd want to drag a tab somewhere, and have it save the file there

On 1 June 2017 at 01:41, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have the same imagining at least once a day. I'd love to know the answer too.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 9:34, Carpii UK <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any option or defaults setting which allows me to drag a TM tab out of the TM window (onto desktop for example) and have it work as if you're trying to 'Move Tab to New Window'
>
> I'm probably imagining it, but I feel like you could

Re: Dragging a tab to a new window

Ed Wong-3
You’re welcome. I think I found that one by accidentally double-clicking a tab once.

Ed