CTags bundle problem

Brendan Dixon
I've recently installed the CTags bundle and can't get it work correctly. I first installed the bundle, downloaded, built, and installed Exuberant CTags (into /usr/local/bin). When I ask the bundle to update all tags, I get a "ctags timed out" message and it fails to find any tags (i.e., look up of a tag fails).

Any suggestions?

Brendan Dixon
425.922.8798

Re: CTags bundle problem

Gerd Knops-2

On Jan 16, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Brendan Dixon wrote:

> I've recently installed the CTags bundle and can't get it work
> correctly. I first installed the bundle, downloaded, built, and
> installed Exuberant CTags (into /usr/local/bin).

The ctags bundle comes with the ctags binary, so you should not need
to install it separately.

> When I ask the bundle to update all tags, I get a "ctags timed out"
> message and it fails to find any tags (i.e., look up of a tag fails).

Is the project large? In that case the timeout in the bundle is
probably to short. Originally it was 15 seconds. A few days ago I
submitted an update that increased the timeout to 30 seconds, and
also made it configurable via the TmCtagsTimeout environment variable.

Check the help in the Ctags bundle. If it does not mention
'TmCtagsTimeout', please update to the latest version from the
Subversion bundle repository. It may work out of the box, if not, try
and change the timeout.

Gerd