Black border in find window

feek
Hi,

in the find window on macOS 10.13.6 using TM 2.0-rc.22 a black border
appears:
https://feek.d.pr/px7FtK

== feek

--
Sent from: http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/textmate-users-f3.html

Re: Black border in find window

Jacob Carlborg

On 7 Dec 2018, at 09:45, feek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

in the find window on macOS 10.13.6 using TM 2.0-rc.22 a black border
appears:
https://feek.d.pr/px7FtK

The convenience constructors again?

--
/Jacob Carlborg

On 7 Dec 2018, at 15:45, feek wrote:

in the find window on macOS 10.13.6 using TM 2.0-rc.22 a black border
appears:
https://feek.d.pr/px7FtK

I switched to having the scroll view draw the border, that should make it adapt better to whatever OS TextMate is runninger under.

Are other table/list views not using a black border (on 10.13)? E.g. Preferences → Variables.

What color is the bottom border?

It would be good to capture the entire window to assess whether this looks appropriate or not (for 10.13).

On 13 Dec 2018, at 10:07, Allan Odgaard <[hidden email]> wrote:

I switched to having the scroll view draw the border, that should make it adapt better to whatever OS TextMate is runninger under.

Are other table/list views not using a black border (on 10.13)? E.g. Preferences → Variables.

What color is the bottom border?

It would be good to capture the entire window to assess whether this looks appropriate or not (for 10.13).

I’ve attached a screenshot of the Find window below running on High Sierra. The table for Preferences → Variables does not have a black border.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

Re: Black border in find window

Allan Odgaard-4

For the records, the commit that introduced the black border prior to 10.14 was reverted (in rc.23): https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/5202dc34bd6e7d2840b71051669e5ee3d4cee7a6

On 2019-06-27 07:49, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> For the records, the commit that introduced the black border prior to
> 10.14 was reverted (in rc.23):
> https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/5202dc34bd6e7d2840b71051669e5ee3d4cee7a6

Looks good now (on 10.15), thanks.

--
/Jacob Carlborg

On 2019-06-27 07:49, Allan Odgaard wrote:

For the records, the commit that introduced the black border prior to 10.14 was reverted (in rc.23): https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/5202dc34bd6e7d2840b71051669e5ee3d4cee7a6

Looks good now (on 10.15), thanks.

The issue was actually only present on 10.13 (and possibly earlier), on 10.14 it looked OK to have the scroll view draw the border, so once we target 10.14 as the minimum OS version, I’ll undo the reverting, as the less “custom” drawing we do, the better.

Re: Black border in find window

Marc Wilson
Please don’t target 10.14.  Many of us users don’t see any reason to install Mojave (I sure don’t).

The only sane thing to do with Apple’s OS updates these days is to wait for the last one before you install it.  So, at least for me, Mojave wouldn’t get installed before Catalina gets released.  That’s just an arbitrary line, but you have to draw it somewhere and there won’t be any further point releases of the previous once the next is released.

--
Marc Wilson

On 1 Jul 2019, at 18:14, Marc Wilson wrote:

Please don’t target 10.14. Many of us users don’t see any reason to install Mojave (I sure don’t).

We normally keep support for the last 3-4 versions of the OS, so once we target 10.14 will be when 10.18 is the current OS :)

On 2019-06-27 07:49, Allan Odgaard wrote:

For the records, the commit that introduced the black border prior to 10.14 was reverted (in rc.23): https://github.com/textmate/textmate/commit/5202dc34bd6e7d2840b71051669e5ee3d4cee7a6

Looks good now (on 10.15), thanks.

The issue was actually only present on 10.13 (and possibly earlier)

Right, looks good on 10.13 as well :)
--
/Jacob Carlborg