Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

Josh Lubaway
Hello,

Is there a keyboard shortcut for autocomplete other than escape?

Or is there a way to remap the autocomplete keyboard shortcut?

Thanks,
Josh


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

George McGinley Smith
Currently I have caps lock remapped to escape for this. There's a few different options for doing that but on Sierra the only working one I found was the currently in development Karabiner Elements.

On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 at 08:26 Josh Lubaway <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is there a keyboard shortcut for autocomplete other than escape?

Or is there a way to remap the autocomplete keyboard shortcut?

Thanks,
Josh

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

Jacob Carlborg
In reply to this post by Josh Lubaway

> On 27 nov 2016, at 05:26, Josh Lubaway <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Is there a keyboard shortcut for autocomplete other than escape?

Cmd+. . Not sure if I’ve configured that or it’s a standard keyboard shortcut.

> Or is there a way to remap the autocomplete keyboard shortcut?

If there’s a menu item for autocomplete you can configure the keyboard shortcut using System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts.

--
/Jacob Carlborg


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

Josh Lubaway
On 11/27/16 4:02 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>
>> On 27 nov 2016, at 05:26, Josh Lubaway <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a keyboard shortcut for autocomplete other than escape?
>
> Cmd+. . Not sure if I’ve configured that or it’s a standard keyboard shortcut.

⌘-. seems to work for me. Thank you.

>
>> Or is there a way to remap the autocomplete keyboard shortcut?
>
> If there’s a menu item for autocomplete you can configure the keyboard shortcut using System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts.
>

Is there a menu item for autocomplete?

Josh

_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

Jacob Carlborg

> On 27 nov 2016, at 19:19, Josh Lubaway <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 11/27/16 4:02 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>>
>> If there’s a menu item for autocomplete you can configure the keyboard shortcut using System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> App Shortcuts.
>>
>
> Is there a menu item for autocomplete?

There’s actual a file with the TextMate keyboard shortcuts [1].

[1] https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Hidden-Settings#keybindings

--
/Jacob Carlborg


_______________________________________________
textmate mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.macromates.com/listinfo/textmate
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Autocomplete keyboard shortcut

Bert Zangle
Yes, very much possible. I've set my own completion commands to:
cmd-space: next completion
shift-cmd-space: previous completion
by adding the following lines:
"@ " = "nextCompletion:";
"$@ " = "previousCompletion:";
to the TM keybindings file:
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/KeyBindings.dict
Loading...